Advancements in the pharmaceutical and medical device industry offer lifesaving benefits for those struggling with deadly and chronic conditions, and we have a greater quantity and variety of drug treatments than in any other time in history. But when large drug companies put profits over social responsibility, unsafe pharmaceuticals and medical devices enter the marketplace and put the public at great risk.
Drug Safety and the FDA
The Food and Drug Administration is responsible for ensuring the safety and efficacy of drugs, medical devices, animal drugs, and the nation’s food. Sometimes, however, the FDA and pharmaceutical companies fail to conduct sufficient testing on new drugs and medical products to ensure that they are safe for use. Additionally, inadequate or confusing warning labels subject the public to unnecessary harm. And occasionally, drug companies withhold required information from the FDA in order to get a new product approved and rushed to market.
Drug and Medical Device Recalls
When pharmaceutical companies push unproven and ineffective drugs and medical devices to market, consumers suffer. Some are left with debilitating or life-altering conditions from undisclosed potential side effects that require additional treatment. Many of these products pose such a threat to the public that their makers are compelled to issue recalls and additional warnings. Some of these drugs and devices include:
- Diminished Value Claims: Getting Compensation for Depreciation of Value
- Workers’ Compensation In Alabama – FAQ
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Mobile, Alabama
- What Does Your Insurance Cover?
- Steps To Take Following An Auto Accident In Mobile, Alabama
- Vehicle Accidents Attorney in Mobile, AL
- Proton Pump Inhibitors
- IVC Filter
- 3M Bair Hugger
- Hernia Mesh
- Zimmer Biometric
- Car Accidents in Mobile, AL
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
- How A Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help You
- Androgel® , Testim® or Axiron®
- Medtronic Insulin Pump
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft
- Power Morcellators
- Talcum Powder / Baby Powder
- Zimmer NexGen Knee Replacements
- SSRI Antidepressants and Birth Defects
- Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacement Parts
- Transvaginal Mesh
- Traumatic Brain Injury Lawsuits
- Trusted Personal Injury Attorney in Mobile, AL
- Social Security Disability Claims
- Firm Profile
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys For Mobile, AL
- Your Maritime Injury and Jones Act Lawyers
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Mobile, AL
Pharmaceutical Injury Lawsuit Liability
When drug companies fail to properly test their products or they attempt to hide or withhold pertinent information on the safety of their products, they can be held liable in a defective product liability lawsuit if their products cause injury or harm to consumers. Additionally, pharmacists and their employees who make mistakes when filling prescriptions can be held liable if harm results from their mistake.
Trust Our Team at Moore Law Firm
If your health and wellbeing have been compromised as a result of using faulty drugs or medical devices, contact Moore Law Firm immediately. Our experienced team has offered top-tier legal assistance to injury victims for more than 30 years. Our success rate is impressive, and we have helped more than 12,000 clients receive the benefits and compensation they deserve. We will never charge you an attorney fee until we recover benefits for you. There are no up-front costs to pursue your case when you work with our capable team. Get in touch with us today for your free consultation.