Zimmer® Knee Replacement?
Since 2003, more than 150,000 Zimmer NexGen Flex-Knee implants have been sold. Several different components used as part of the Zimmer NexGen Flex-Knee replacement systems have been associated with increased risk of complications, including pain, swelling, loosening of component parts, and the need for follow-up surgery.
Knee Replacement Issues?
Knee implants are designed to last 15 years or more. When unexpected loosening of the tibial plate occurs, it causes extreme pain and swelling. Often, painful revision surgery is required to remove and replace the device. Complications of revision surgery include bone loss, muscle damage, nerve damage and infection.
Signs of knee implant failure include:
- Instability when standing, or the feeling like the knee is going to give out backwards or sideways.
- Popping, clicking or crunching sounds coming from the implant.
- Heat or warmth around the knee joint.
- Joint pain and/or swelling.
- Decreased range of motion.
If you have Zimmer knee replacement or another type of knee replacement and have complications such as total knee failure, popping, clicking or metal breaking, then please call Mobile Alabama Zimmer Knee lawsuit attorneys at Moore Law Firm today for a free case evaluation 251-445-7602.