The Consumer Moore Law Firm can provide a product liability lawyer who will get you the compensation you deserve if you or your loved one is injured by a defective product.
What is Product Liability?
Product liability can fall into three categories: manufacturing, design, and marketing defects. If you or your loved one is injured because of a defect, the producer should be held accountable for their product. The Consumer Product Safety Commission has reported that more than 22,000 deaths and 30 million injuries related to consumer products happen each year.
Common Dangerous and Defective Products Overview
Mass Tort and Product Liability cases traditionally involve drug-related injuries or death, product defects, design defects, manufacturing defects, inadequate warnings, etc. Anything made by a company can be subject to a recall and a product liability case if it results in an injury or death. Some products that are commonly involved in product liability cases include:
- Medical Device and Drug Recall Cases In Mobile, AL
- Termite Damage Claims
- Professional Legal Help With Mental Health Abuse Cases
- Bone Cement in Knee
- Google Reviews
- Thank You
- GM Ignition Switch Failure
- Faulty Fire Extinguisher
- Defective Seat Belts
- Takata Air Bag Defects
- Table Saw Accidents
- Water Heater Explosions
- Tire Failures
- Ladder or Scaffolding Failure
- Defective Air Bags
- Faulty Smoke Alarm
- Power Morcellators
Types of Liability Suits
There are three types of common product liability suits:
- Negligence – This type of suit is claimed if a defect in manufacture or design of a product was due to carelessness by the producer and lead to injury. “A breach of duty” from the defendant must be proven, showing that the producer knew or should have known their product was defective.
- Strict Liability – The injured party can file these claims if any defect in a product led to an injury. These suits may be filed no matter how careful the defendant was in manufacturing the product.
- Breach of Warranty – There are two types of warranties; Express Warranty, which is any representation about the product and its safety, and Implied Warranty, which is an implied promise that the manufactured product will not cause any harm. These warranties protect any person who may be reasonably expected to use the product.
Understanding Product Liability
Many times clients fail to realize their rights. Even if they are at fault, there can often be a case against a manufacturer. When bringing a claim against a manufacturer based on a design defect, you are not merely asserting that they caused the accident but can assert that their design did not properly prevent your injury or caused your injury.
Moore Law Firm not only seeks to compensate our clients for their injuries or the death of a loved one but also looks to punish the companies who failed to make their products safe for our community members. The purpose of this punishment, known as punitive damages, is to deter the company and other companies from taking actions that can injure or cause a death and encourage companies to increase product safety to avoid future liability.
Contact Moore Law Firm Today
Product liability lawyer Stephen C. Moore and Frederick J. Moore III from Moore Law Firm can help preserve your rights and seek the compensation you deserve to prevent similar acts from happening in the future. If you, a family member, or a friend have been injured or killed as a result of a product or drug, then please contact the Moore Law Firm in Mobile.